Kenneth F. Bromet
Attorney at Law

Straight Talk
And Strong Advocacy

Seattle Dependency Law Attorney

The Department of Child Protective Services has the authority to remove children from harmful situations. Additionally, when families are in crisis, such as those involved with at-risk youth and children in need of services (CHINS) petitions, the courts can intervene on behalf of the child’s best interests.

At the office of Kenneth F. Bromet, Attorney at Law, I provide diligent representation for children and parents facing dependency petitions and other juvenile law matters. I have more than 30 years of experience as a Seattle dependency law lawyer.

Tackling Serious Issues Head-On

Most dependency cases are the result of a teacher, neighbor or loved one reporting allegations of child abuse to Child Protective Services. Parents may hire an attorney or have a lawyer appointed, depending on their situation. If the child is under age 12, he or she may be appointed a guardian ad litem to represent his or her interests at the child dependency hearing. If the child is over 12, a lawyer will be appointed to represent the child.

I understand the complex laws, regulations and guidelines governing dependency petitions. I also understand that without proper representation, your ability to get your children back in your care can be delayed or jeopardized, and eventually your parental rights could be terminated. I have handled cases resulting from serious issues, such as:

Diligent Representation For Parents

I provide diligent representation for parents seeking help in their dependency case. I understand the severe hardships and social stigma attached to allegations of abuse. I also understand that false allegations occur, which can damage your reputation. I strive to get families back together and have children returned home as expeditiously as possible.

When there is evidence of physical abuse or neglect, parents will be subjected to strict court orders before they can regain custody. Failure to comply can result in the state terminating your parental rights and placing your child in foster care. Court orders can include:

  • Psychological evaluations
  • DV assessments and treatment
  • Drug testing
  • Supervised visitation
  • Parenting classes
  • Sexual deviancy evaluations

Intervention Advocacy

Washington law places strict limitations on grandparent interventions. On the other hand, many children live with their grandparents or have very personal relationships with them. Custodial grandparents, if they have not previously been granted custody, are not parties to the dependency action. Neither are grandparents who want to be considered as placement for their dependent grandchildren. This holds true for other relatives as well. Please contact my office to discuss your grandchild’s situation and your concerns. I provide vigilant advocacy.

Free Initial Consultations

I provide free initial consultations to discuss your complicated juvenile law matters. Contact me to schedule a meeting.

Set up a Free
Initial Consultation


Kenneth F. Bromet, Attorney at Law

2508 Fairview Avenue East
Unit B
Seattle, WA 98102

Toll Free : 888-330-8564
Phone : 206-971-9934
Fax : 206-325-9980
Seattle Law Office Map